Athens Investment Summit
Now in its sixth year of financial crisis, Greece finds itself at one of the most difficult junctures in its history. Although the Tsipras government signed the Third Memorandum and one of the most difficult structural adjustment programmes devised, the national fiscal situation continues to deteriorate.
In no small part, this is due to a fundamental inability of successive governments to foster investments and a climate suitable to private sector economic growth.
Despite the negative headlines and volatile political environment, investments in Greece are gathering speed. The Tsipras government is gradually implementing its privatisation commitments. And investments in export-oriented sectors, such as tourism, manufacturing or agriculture, are taking place.
The Athens Investment Summit provides a practitioner-focussed, objective view of the real risks, opportunities and threats of investing in Greece.
- 21/02/2017 Navigator Consulting begins due diligence and investment advisory for a 500-room integrated tourism resort in Crete.
- 18/05/2016 Trans Adriatic Pipeline project initiated in Greece
- 16/05/2016 Black Sea Trade and Development Bank Forum in Greece
- 18/03/2016 Athens Investment Summit 2016 Conclusions
- 25/02/2016 AIS welcomes the Black Sea Trade and Development Bank to the Summit
- 24/02/2016 AIS welcomes the International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Business & Commercial Strategy Director, Vianox SA
Mr. Nico Cotzias Jr. is a seasoned shipping executive & entrepreneur who, since 2012, is actively involved at the top level in the field of international forwarding & logistics. He is the Business & Commercial Strategy Director of Vianox (Forwarding & Logistics) S.A.
Greece has opened the way for the development of a secondary market for nonperforming loans with the introduction of Law 4354/2015 (the “NPL Law”), which entered into force on 16 December 2015. The NPL Law is not only aimed at stabilising the banking sector by providing immediate liquidity to the relevant credit institutions, but also at assisting defaulting borrowers to restructure their debts more efficiently.